- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup smooth roasted 100% almond butter
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the slivered almonds in a tin and bake for about 8 minutes until golden. Coarsely chop the almonds when cooled.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour with the almond meal and salt. In a large mixing bowl, whip the almond butter with the coconut oil, sugars and the vanilla until well blended. Add the flour mixture and chopped almonds and mix just until combined.
- Scoop out 2-tablespoon-sized dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet keeping about 1 inch apart. Flatten balls to a ¼-inch thickness.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 18 minutes until golden. Transfer to a cookie rack and let cool completely.