Italian Nachos with Chicken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 1 package wonton wrappers cut in triangles
- 1 pound cooked, and shredded chicken
- 1 red pepper, sliced in ¼” pieces, sautéed until tender
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- Oil, for frying (vegetable, canola, or peanut)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, stir in garlic for 20 seconds. Add the flour and continuously stir until it is clumped together and golden. Whisk in the half-and-half and heavy cream.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Add the cheese and seasoning. stir thoroughly.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil about 1/3 of the way up. Once hot, add the wontons one at a time and allow to cook until barely golden, flip and cook again. Drain on a paper towel.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then the wontons. sprinkle with alfredo sauce, chicken, peppers, and mozzarella cheese.
- Place under the broiler in your oven until the cheese is completely melted, 5-8 minutes. remove from the oven and sprinkle with olives, parmesan cheese and basil.
Related articles across the web