- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (bittersweet or semisweet), chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons of marshmallow fluff
- Confectioners’ (Powdered) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Brush four small ramekins with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder with 1 tablespoon of the flour; dust the ramekins with this mixture, tapping out the excess. Place ramekins on a sturdy baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the rest of the butter with the chocolate over very low heat. Stir frequently. Let cool slightly after completely melting.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the granulated sugar with the eggs and salt at medium-high speed until thick and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Fold in the melted chocolate until no streaks remain. Fold in the 1/4 cup of flour into this batter.
- Spoon two-thirds of the batter into the prepared ramekins. Divide the marshmallow fluff among the ramekins. Cover with the remaining chocolate batter. Bake in the center of the oven for 16 minutes, until the tops are cracked but the centers are still jiggly.
- Remove from oven and transfer the ramekins to a rack. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Wipe a small knife blade with butter and then run the tip of a knife around each cake to loosen. Place a small plate over each cake and, using pot holders, flip this over so the loosened cake come out onto the plate. Carefully lift off the ramekins. Dust each plate with cakes with plenty of powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Related articles across the web