- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1½ pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices lengthwise cut dill pickles
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except pickles, cheese, and 2 tablespoons ketchup.
- Place half of meat mixture into a loaf pan. Lay pickles over the meat and cover with cheese. Top with the rest of the meat mixture
- Brush top with remaining ketchup sauce.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into center of meatloaf reads 165 °F.
Related articles across the web