Bacon Wrapped Mochi
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 8 skewers
- Sweet soy sauce, for coating
- 16 mochi sticks, rice cake sticks
- Place some water in a pan and bring to the boil, once boiling drop in the mocha sticks and cook until they float on the surface, then take out and drain on a platter.
- Take the bacon and wrap around each stick, now put 2 pieces on each skewer.
- Place a skillet on to cook over a medium heat and fry the skewers for 4 minutes on either side until golden crispy.
- Put the skewers on the serving platters and sprinkle over the soy sauce, dish up when done.