Banana fritters are fried dessert dusted with powdered sugar. They are made by incorporating bananas in a sweet batter and then deep fried. Easy to make, easy to love!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 quart oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mash the ripe bananas in a large bowl. Mix in eggs, milk and butte for couple of minutes, until smooth. Combine flour together with baking powder, sugar, salt, nutmeg & cinnamon in a separate bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the banana mixture.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or deep fryer to 375 F. Using spoonfuls; carefully drop the batter into hot oil & cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until browned, turning once. Place them on paper towels.
- Plate the banana fritters and then dust with the confectioners’ sugar.