Banana Split Brownies
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana
- ⅓ cup strawberry preserves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Sliced bananas and maraschino cherries, optional for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed 10 minutes. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually stir in flour. Fold in cherries. Spread into a greased 13×9-in. baking pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in mashed banana and preserves. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Spread over brownie batter; sprinkle with peanuts.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until topping is set and a toothpick inserted in brownie portion comes out mostly clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars. If desired, serve bars topped with sliced bananas and additional cherries.