- 12 ounces dark chocolate broken in pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons, unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup liqueur (or espresso or flavored syrup)
- 1 ½ pound dark couverture chocolate for dipping
- In a medium size saucepan, scald the cream. Remove from heat and immediately add the chocolate. Stir until throughly melted and mixed in.
- Add the unsalted butter and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Add the liqueur and mix.
- Place in a container and let set in refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator and make into 1″ round balls. Freeze for 10-15 minutes but no more than that, otherwise you increase the chance the chocolate shell will crack.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Temper the couverture chocolate. When ready, dip away!