Best Mandel Broit (Brodt) Recipe Ever
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juice (1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup almonds or walnuts
- 2 heaping cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs until very thick. Slowly add oil and then sugar, mix until incorporated. Add vanilla, almond extract, lemon zest and salt.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Mix well with wet ingredients.
- Grease a baking sheet or use parchment paper. Shape dough onto a baking sheet into a loaf keeping the loaf about 4-5 inches in width.
- Bake for 35 minutes and turn off oven. Cut loaves into ¾” slices. Return to oven for 20-25 minutes.