Cheese blintzes are an integral part of my extended family’s breakfast table as it is a staple during Jewish holidays. So, anytime we whip these up on a special event, all the scents, sounds and happiness associated with being with aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces – all of them – come rushing back. This lovely sweet cheese dish provides that perfect yin and yang. If you’re preparing these for a weekend brunch, a nice champagne or mimosa would be a great complement to this dish and result in some very happy guests, I promise!
- 12-14 frozen cheese blintzes
- 6 eggs beaten
- 2 cups of sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat over to 350°
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 13x9x2” glass casserole dish.
- Lay frozen blintzes on to the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Mix all the Ingredients Pour over blintzes.
- Bake 1 hour. Remove from over and let cool 5 minutes.
- Serve with extra sour cream and/or boysenberry jam.