Chinese Bourbon Chicken and Rice
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup short grained white rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In bowl or saucepan, add 6 cups water and the ½ cup salt. Brine the chicken for 45-60 minutes, which will make the chicken moister and more tender.
- Cook the rice with 2 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt
- Remove the chicken, rinse thoroughly and cut it up into bite-sized pieces about 1″ square.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- Add chicken pieces. Cook until lightly browned, tossing frequently.
- Remove chicken from the skillet into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved. Simmer for about 15.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil and cook for 5 more minutes
- Serve over the hot white rice.
Related articles across the web