- 3 clams
- 3 mussels
- 3 shrimp
- ¼ cup fresh cod or sea bass
- ¼ cup squid
- 1 whole crayfish
- 1 crayfish tail
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons white onion diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons diced red tomato
- ¼ cup okra sliced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup fish or shellfish stock
- 2 tablespoons Brazilian Dende Oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup precooked jasmine rice, kept warm
- 1 cup toasted cashews, chopped
- ⅓ cup toasted coconut
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lay the cashews in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until they are just golden brown, 5-10 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool and set aside.
- In a medium sized sauté pan heat the oil until smoking. Add the clams, mussels, shrimp, onions, fish , crayfish tail, whole crayfish, tomato, okra and garlic. Cook over high heat for 1 minute or until mussels and clams start to open up. Reduce the heat and cover with a lid until all the mussels and clams have opened.
- Deglaze the pan with the fish stock. Add the coconut milk and cilantro. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the squid and lime juice and check for seasoning. Adjust with salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour into a pretty clay dish, garnish with toasted cashews and coconut.
- Serve over the rice.