- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/3rd cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/3rd cup water
- 6-inch piece tenderloin, middle cut
- 2 cups oak chips, soaked for 60 minutes and drained
- To make the chimichurri, add the herbs with the garlic to the blender and pulse until fine.
- Now add the remainder of the ingredients and pulse into a sauce.
- Once ready correct the seasoning.
- Add a ¼ of the sauce to a baking tray, making sure the beef will fit inside.
- Slice the beef into 4 pieces and then bat out to around ¼ inch thick, in between cling wrap.
- Place the beef in the tray, then add another ¼ of the sauce over the top.
- Leave on the side for 30-45 minutes.
- Now heat the grill to high placing the chips on the grill, if you are cooking on gas you will need a smoke box to put the chips in and heat until they smoke.
- Tin foil can be used for this shaping into a box.
- Once hot add the beef to the grate and cook for 2 minutes on either side.
- When cooking make a criss cross design.
- Place on the platters with the remainder of the sauce.