Brazilian Passionfruit Batida
- 1 cup cachaca
- 1 cup passion fruit purée, recipe below
- 4 cups chipped ice
For the purée
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 8 passion fruits
- ½ cup water
- To make the purée, just boil together the sugar, passion fruit flesh with the ½ cup water.
- Cook until it reduces and thickens, then add to a blender and pulse until smooth, take out and pass through a sieve or cloth.
- Now add everything into a shaker and shake vigorously. Alternatively, use a blender for a smoother and slushier drink.
- When done add to 4 glasses.