- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups four
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups Simple Green Chili Sauce (recipe follows)
- ½ cup Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut a pocket into the middle of each chicken breast. Pack each one with cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
- Dip the stuffed breast in flour, then the egg batter. Roll them in the cornmeal.
- In a large heavy skillet add oil and heat to 375°F. Add the breasts and sauté on both sides until they are browned.
- Place the sautéed breasts in a butter baking dish.
- Cover with the chili sauce and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and cheese has melted.