Broa de Fubá: Brazilian Corn Cake
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- Heat the stove to 395°F
- Take a baking pan 9 inches by 13 inches and 2 inches in depth, now spray grease the pan and dust with flour.
- Dissolve the butter in a pan on a low heat and pour into a bowl.
- Next blend in the eggs, sugar, milk, oil, salt, flour, cornmeal and baking powder, beat together.
- When ready add to the flour dusted pan and evenly spread it out.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes until golden.
- Take out the oven and rest for a few minutes.
- Slice into diamonds and serve hot.
- Eat with tea or coffee.