- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bacon thickly cut strips, sliced crosswise ½-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Place a large pot of salted water on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, turn down to medium-high heat and then blanch the Brussels sprouts in the water for 5 minutes. Drain water using a colander and rinse with cold water. Using a salad spinner remove excess water or pat drying using a towel.
- Place a dutch over or cast iron skillet over a moderate-high heat. When hot, add the oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the bacon and cook until crispy, about 6 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts cut-side down and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are browned and tender, about 8 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in mustard and vinegar, tossing until well combined. Toss in the thyme leaves and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.