Castilian Garlic Soup
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces Spanish cured ham, diced into ¼ inch dice
- 1 cup water
- 6 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 slices day old French bread for croutons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the oil to a skillet and heat, once hot put in the sliced garlic, before it colors add in the diced ham with the bread and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Now put in the paprika, salt and water, allow this to simmer for 10 minutes.
- To cook the eggs gently crack them in the hot soup one by one.
- Once they are cooked take out the eggs one by one and place in the base of the soup dishes.
- Next ladle over the soup into each, and dish up.