- 1 whole chicken, in pieces (about 4 lbs) 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 40 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 1 head fennel, cut into slices
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Mix olive oil, garlic cloves, fennel slices, and herbs in large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken pieces, and toss so that chicken is completely coated with oil. Cover with brandy and add salt and pepper over the top.
- Transfer entire mixture into a heavy casserole dish with tight- fitting lid, making sure chicken pieces are tightly packed.
- Cover, and cook for 1 hour at 375F.