Chocolate Chip Scones
Waking up on a Sunday morning to the smells of these scones can’t be beat. They will be devoured in short order. While chocolate chips were our favorites, raisins, currants, or blueberries are great alternatives.
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup cream
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 450°F. Line baking sheet with buttered parchment paper.
- In a food processor with a pastry blade, add first six items. Pulse until the mixture looks like coarse corn meal.
- Pour in half-and-half and blend until the dough just barely gathers into a ball.
- Place dough on a work surface and add the chocolate chips.
- Roll dough out to ½ inch thick. At this point you can cut into wedges or use a cookie cutter. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Evenly place on baking sheet and then bake 12 minutes or until scones are delicately brown.