- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 4 oz. chopped semi sweet dark chocolate (or chips)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Open crescent roll dough and unroll, leaving crescents in rectangles. On a piece of parchment paper, unroll crescent dough being sure to not separate any of the triangular pieces. Press edges together and pinch any holes back together.
- Carefully spread cream cheese filling down the center of the dough to be about 2-3 inches wide. Sprinkle cream cheese filling with chopped chocolate. Cut 1 inch diagonal strips up each side of the dough. Fold slats of dough up over filling alternating sides to get a braided pattern.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until filling is set and crescent dough is golden in color. Cool before removing from baking sheet.
- Once danish has cooled, remove to serving platter.
- In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, vanilla, cream cheese and milk to create icing. You may need to add more milk to get the desired consistency. Drizzle icing over danish.
- Cut into pieces and serve.