For a taste of the Mediterranean, look no further than this salad. It’s refreshing and healthy and fans of the classic Greek Salad will love the similar flavors. This makes a nice complement to a main dish. Find a good Pinot Grigio or Riesling to go with this salad. For red wine drinkers, a Pinot Noir will also work.
- 2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ head cabbage, finely chopped
- ¾ cup good feta cheese
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek Seasoning (oregano, thyme, basil, mint, marjoram, garlic salt, onion salt)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables and mix.
- Combine all the marinade Ingredients and mix well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.