Creamy Herb Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (4.4 oz.) package spreadable herb cheese
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Brush chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil. Cook chicken breasts until opaque and no longer pink. Transfer to a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- To the same skillet, heat remaining olive oil and sauté shallot and garlic, with oregano, basil and tarragon, for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in herb cheese, broth, lemon juice and zest, and whisk together until smooth. Whisk in flour until incorporated.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Plate chicken and then spoon sauce over breasts. Sprinkle with parsley.
Related articles across the web