Easy Passover Brisket
- 1 whole kosher beef brisket (5 To 8 Pounds)
- 1 24-ounce bottle kosher ketchup
- 1 package kosher onion soup mix
- 1 cup cheap red wine
- Trim brisket of fat but leave a small amount which will enhance the flavors and keep the brisket moist. Place brisket into a large roasting pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix ketchup with onion soup mix. Add wine and mix throughly.
- Pour this sauce over the beef, cover pan with foil, and marinate in the refrigerator 12-24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and place immediately into a 275-degree oven still covered and walk away for 6 to 8 hours, depending the briskets size. Check tenderness when brisket has been cooking several hours: stick in two forks and pull in opposite directions. Meat should come apart easily.
- When the brisket is done, remove from oven and place on a cutting board. Slice against the grain; don’t be disturbed if meat totally falls apart! That means it’s good.
- Return the sliced meat to the sauce until serving.