- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 10 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth, low sodium
- 10 sprigs fresh flat parsley leaves
- 2 medium leeks, sliced crosswise
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ ounce dried porcini mushrooms, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a metal bowl, drizzle oil over carrot, celery, onion, and portobellos. Add tomato paste and toss until evenly coated. Spread vegetables in evenly on a baking sheet. Roast until vegetables are well browned, about 30 minutes.
- In a large Dutch oven, add roasted vegetables, broth,parsley, thyme, leek greens and bay leaves. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat, cover, turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using a fine-mesh strainer, strain stock and remove solids. Discard solids.