- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, plus extra butter for pan
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 (12-ounce) log goat cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 12 ounces creme fraiche or sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Raspberry Jalapeño Coulis
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup chopped jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- For the crust, stir all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and about halfway up the sides of the pan.
- For the filling, beat the cream and goat cheeses in the bowl of an electric stand mixer with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add the creme fraiche and beat to combine. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each egg is added, until thoroughly combined. Beat in the sugar and vanilla until just combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Put on a baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet halfway through the cooking process. If the cheesecake starts to color, tent the springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely. It is best to refrigerate overnight before serving.
- While the cheesecake is baking, using a medium-sized saucepan, combine raspberries and sugar. Use a wooden spoon to stir sugar into the berries, mashing fruit a bit as you do so. Once berries start to release juice and sugar begins to dissolve (about 5 minutes), stir in chopped jalapeño.
- Turn burner on to medium-high heat. Place saucepan on heat and cook, stirring consistently, until coulis thickens into a spreadable consistency.
- When coulis is done, remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. You will have extra coulis which can be jarred and stored in the refrigerator for later use.
- To serve, cut a slice of cheesecake and spoon a generous portion of the coulis over it. Decorate with mint leaves and extra raspberries (optional)