- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon filets
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- In a metal bowl, whisk the soy sauce, honey and garlic. Pour liquid into a plastic bag and add salmon filets. Place in refrigerator for 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Remove salmon from bag from the bag and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.. Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan.
- Bake the salmon for 10 minutes. The filets will be just barely cooked through.
- As the fish is baking, simmer the marinade over medium heat to reduce and thicken into a glaze.
- Over medium-high heat, heat a non-stick skillet. Add the butter and sugar. Once it begins to bubble, add the pineapple slices. Once they have caramelized on one side, 2-3 minutes, flip over and cook the other side. Remove from heat.
- On a plate, place the salmon, a spoonful of marinade and then top with the caramelized pineapple. Sprinkle with a small amount of parsley.