Be prepared to serve this at every gathering because once your guests taste your Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip they will never forget about it. The Parmesan raises the tame flavor of the artichoke to all kinds of good. Be sure to find the best sour dough baguette possible for the best texture and flavor combo. Artichokes can be challenging to pair with a wine so a try a Sauvignon Blanc, which also goes well with the creamy base of the dip.
- 1 pound sour dough baguette, sliced
- 1 ½ cups frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, and chopped
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle or brush sour dough slices with olive oil. Bake at 200°F for 30 minutes or until crisp and slightly toasted.
- Boil Spinach and artichokes in 1 cup water until tender. Drain and discard liquid when done.
- Increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft.
- Stir in the rest of the remaining Ingredients.
- Place on an ovenproof platter and bake 6 minutes.
- Serve with toasted sour dough slices.