- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 ounces Limoncello Liqueur
- 6 egg yolks
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine water and sugar, then bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate and butter together until smooth. Cool chocolate slightly
- Beat egg yolks until fluffy and begin to lighten in color. While beating eggs, slowly add sugar and water mixture. Beat for 1 minute. Slowly add chocolate mixture.
- Add 2 oz of Limoncello. Stir until well mixed.
- Fold mascarpone into chocolate mixture.
- Beat whipping cream until it is light and fluffy with stiff peaks. Fold whipped cream and lemon zest into chocolate mascarpone mixture until well blended.
- Use small, clear glass dishes or ramekins to serve mousse in. Add mouse to dishes.
- Refrigerate 6 hours.