I love creating this breakfast casserole for my family as a delicious Mexicasa twist on your everyday eggs. The addition of the chilies, salsa and cheddar make for a more hearty-feeling breakfast. It packs a lot of flavor and provides a little bit of a kick, especially if you choose a hotter salsa.
- 4 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 cans whole green chilies
- 1 jar (14 ounces) salsa (or fresh if you have it)
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat over to 325°F.
- Butter a 13x9x2” baking dish. Line dish with chilies. Spread ½ of the cheddar and ½ of the mozzarella over the chilies.
- Mix eggs, milk and flour. Whip until thoroughly incorporated. Pour over cheese.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread the rest salsa over the dish. Then spread the remaining cheeses. Return to over and bake 1-3 minutes or until melted. Serve hot.