Moroccan Chermoula Chicken Bowl
- ¼ quinoa
- ¼ buckwheat
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 chicken breasts, salt and peppered to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 roasted red peppers diced
- 3 tablespoons pistachios, shelled, and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup chermoula spice blend
- Organic garlic & cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a small pot, bring water, salt, quinoa, buckwheat and turmeric to a boil. Add turmeric quinoa and buckwheat to boiling water; stir. Return to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 minutes, or until grains are tender. Remove from heat. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat about 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil . Add chicken to sear about 3 minutes. Flip and sear 1 minute more.
- Transfer chicken to a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and it is no longer pink in the center of the thickest part.
- Heat about 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil in pan used for chicken over medium-low heat. Add red peppers, pistachios, and chermoula spice mixture; stir. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until pistachios are lightly toasted. Add ¼ cup water; stir. Simmer 2 minutes. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Cut chicken breasts into 6-8 slices each. Make a bed of baby spinach in each bowl. Top plate with quinoa/buckwheat mixture. Fan chicken over top. Spoon chermoula sauce over chicken.