If you want to take your family on a mini-holiday in the comfort of your own home then you must partake in this Parisian Hot Chocolate. I love creating this comforting cup of love, partly because I’m a chocoholic, as are several members of my family, and partly because I love the romance of Paris. Sipping on a rich, creamy cup of chocolate takes me to the quaint cafés of the city’s cobblestoned streets. On a side note, since this drink is supremely rich I would recommend serving it in small cups.
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar (confectioners)
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 8 ounces of high quality bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (confectioners)
- Heat sugar, milk, salt and cream until it begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate. Mix until melted.
- Whip cream in electric mixer at high speed. As it begins to pillow, add powdered sugar and mix for 1 minute more.
- Serve hot chocolate in small cups (such as demitasse) and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle cocoa over the top of the whipped cream!