- ½ cup shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 4 (1 1/4-inch-thick) pieces skinless halibut fillet (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced (about ½ the cuc)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried Turkish Red Maras pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Put fish in a shallow baking dish, pour milk over it, cover and chill for 30 minutes. Turn over once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, mix together pistachios and cornmeal.
- Remove fish from milk, letting excess drip off. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper, then dredge completely in cornmeal-pistachio mixture. Transfer to a another plate as they are coated.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot. Sauté fish about 3-4 minutes until golden and then turn over and cook another 3-4 minutes total.
- While the fish is cooking, mix all the ingredients for the Spicy Yogurt Sauce together and set aside.
- Serve fish with spicy yogurt on the side.