- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil on medium heat until the oil is very hot.
- Add the quinoa, bay leaf and salt. Stir until the quinoa it is lightly toasted. Add the water and allow to boil. Cover and simmer quinoa for about 20 minutes until it is soft, fluffy and dry.
- Remove from heat, cool and then chill the quinoa.
- In a large bowl, mix the quinoa with the carrot, green onions, tomatoes, avocado, lemon, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Serve cold.