- ¼ cup superfine sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the butter, both sugars and salt until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour using a spatula or spoon. The dough will be crumbly.
- Press the dough into the pan and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned
- Meanwhile make the caramel. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the condensed milk and butter stirring constantly until bubbly.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes stirring constantly. The mixture will become thicker. Stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Speed over baked base and bake for 12-15 minutes more or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and immediately cover evenly with chocolate chips evenly over the hot base.