Classic margaritas pack a lot of calories because of all the sugar from the mixers. I love serving a fantastic margarita at summer parties and I know some of my guests are watching their calories so I make sure to use this particular recipe. This is a great low-cal version of the original and tastes absolutely amazing – guest-tested. Use the best liqueurs you can afford.
- 3 ounces really good tequila
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1-ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 package sweetener
- Cocktail salt
- Use the rind of the lime to wet the top of a glass and rim it with salt
- Combine all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Add 8-12 ice cubes and shake for 20-30 seconds.
- If you prefer a blended margarita, place the Ingredients into a blender with 6-8 ice cubes.
That’s five ounces of alcohol in one serving. Is that really the intent?
Yep! This drink can be shared. An alternative is also to replace the Grand Marnier with 1 ounce of orange juice, which will reduce the overall alcohol content.