- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Fresno chile or red jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1 1/2-lb. skirt steak (about 1/2′ thick), cut it in half crosswise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Chimichurri sauce
Combine vinegar, shallot, salt, garlic, and chile in a medium bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
Stir in cilantro, parsley, and oregano.
Whisk in oil.
- Marinate meat in refrigerator for 3 hours in 1/2 cup chimicurri sauce.
- Heat barbecue.
- Remove meat from refrigerator and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 3-4 per side. Remove from grill when done.
- Slice thinly and serve with the other 1/2 cup chimicurri sauce.