Southwestern Carpaccio Beef
- 8 ounces filet mignon, skin removed
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons hot water
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 pieces white bread
- Slice the filet paper thin and place on butcher paper. Add a sheet on top and slightly press. Place in freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Toast the bread, slice off the crusts, and cut into triangles.
- In a small bowl, add chili powder and hot water – let sit for 5 minutes. Mix in the jalapeno, and mayonnaise. Spread this sauce across the bottom of a very cold plate.
- Neatly arrange beef slices in an overlapping pattern around the plate.
- Sprinkle the plate with the arugula, avocado, cheese, cilantro and capers.
- Serve with the toast.