Southwestern Cornbread Pudding
- 1½ cup cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream style corn
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup red peppers, diced
- ½ cup green chilies, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped (can use regular onion)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease well a medium sized skillet.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the dry cornmeal mix with whole kernel corn and cream style corn. Add eggs and butter and continue mixing. Add onion, peppers, chilies, buttermilk and shredded cheese.
- Pour batter into skillet. Sprinkle sugar over the top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until the top turns brown.