- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons four
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter (no sugar)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- In a heavy, medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add flour and stir 5 minutes until the roux is light brown in color.
- Add chicken stock. Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, and then add peanut butter. Whisk until well incorporated. Add cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Separately steam bell peppers for about 1 minute.
- Serve soup in bowls and garnish with the carrot, red ad yellow peppers.