- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat oil until very hot.
- Add shallots, sitr frequently to prevent burning.
- When shallots have browned slightly, add garlic then green beans, and toss.
- Cook about 8 minutes, until green beans start to soften.
- Deglaze pan with rice wine, stir well.
- Add soy sauce, chili oil, sugar, oyster sauce and ginger, tossing all ingredients with the beans.
- When green beans are as soft as you’d like them, remove from heat. Plate the beans and sprinkle with sesame seeds.