Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt and pepper
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- 4 ounces of frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 6 ounces artichoke hearts in brine, finely chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Remaining dip
- 1 cup milk
- Season both sides of each breast with the Italian seasoning and paprika. Cut a slit or pocket about ¾ quarter of the way through each breast, being careful not to cut all the way.
- Squeeze all excess liquid out of the spinach. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the artichokes, spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and garlic. Mix well.
- Fill chicken pockets with 1-2 tablespoons of the dip, spreading evenly with the back of the spoon. Reserve the leftover dip for the cream sauce.
- Seal the pocket opening with two or three toothpicks near the opening to keep the dip inside while cooking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet (or non stick pan) over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until golden. Rotate and fry on the other side, covering pan with a lid, until cooked through, (about 6 to 7 minutes per side). Transfer chicken to a warm plate to make the cream sauce.
- Pour milk into the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add in the remaining dip (you should have about half remaining), and stir until sauce is combined and thickened. Add the chicken back into the pan and serve immediately!