- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ¼ pound dried Spanish chorizo, diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ pound new potatoes, sliced cross-wise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pounds’ littleneck clams, washed and scrubbed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound loaf of rustic bread
- Warm bread wrapped in foil in 350 ºF oven.
- Add the oil to a 5-quart pot, heat and fry the bell peppers, potatoes, onion, cumin, and garlic for 5-8 minutes, then mix in the wine.
- Once boiling drop in the clams with the chorizo, place a lid on and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Take out any that do not open and discard them.
- Mix in the cilantro and season, dish up. Serve with warmed bread.