- 5 cups matzo farfel
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup kosher margarine, melted
- 2 large apples – peeled, cored and diced
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup ground walnuts, divided
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place farfel in a large bowl. Add enough cold water to cover, rinsing immediately in a colander set in the sink. Mix in eggs, sugar, salt, and margarine until thoroughly combined, and lightly mix in the apples, bananas, raisins and 1/4 cup of ground walnuts. Spoon the kugel into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup of ground walnuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the kugel is browned and set in the center, about 1 hour.