Cauliflower Rice Arancini with Basil and Red Pepper
- ⅓ cup pecans or almonds
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cauliflower rice recipe
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, chopped in ⅛ pieces
- 4 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pesto or marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor, process the coconut flour and pecans. Blend until the pecans are mixed in with the flour and are small rice size pieces. Transfer to a bowl and add the salt and pepper.
- In a large metal bowl, combine the cauliflower rice, peppers, garlic powder, basil, 1 egg, salt and pepper.
- Form mixture into 1½” balls.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 egg and set aside.
- Dredge balls in the eggs mixture. And then roll ball immediately into the flour/nut mixture.
- Using a frying pan over medium high heat, melt coconut oil.
- Fry the rice balls 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking dish with 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (or more depending on the size of your dish).
- Bake in oven 10 minutes. The rice balls should be golden brown and warmed completely through.
- Spoon sauce (pesto or marinara) onto a plate. Add rice balls on top of the sauce and serve.