- 2 slices pita bread, preferably soft or homemade
- 2 eggs, hardboiled
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 cups Spicy Israeli Salad
- Slice eggplant into ½” disks. Sprinkle liberally with salt and let sit in colander to remove moisture for at least 30 minutes. When done, rinse off salt.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Fry eggplant until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Using a small bowl, make spicy tahini sauce by combining the tahini and Sriracha.
- Cut pita in half and place in the pocket spicy tahini sauce, eggplant, ¼ cup salad, egg and avocado.